We wanna share some tips on how to use The Original Hip Thrust Machine the right way without causing any mistakes. Read more below.
- Select resistance or use bodyweight only.
- Adjust the bench for the proper distance from the foot plates, you should have a 90 degree knee angle at the top of the movement.
- Sit down and lean your upper back against the bench, contact point at your scapulae.
- Fasten the hip belt. The lock should rest against your stomach, and the belt should rest comfortably against your hips.
- Place both feet on the foot plates and start the exercise by applying pressure from the heel and midfoot, contracting abs, and elevating your hips as high as possible by contracting your glutes.
- Lower under control, and repeat the movement for the desired number of repetitions.
- End the exercise in reverse, by placing the feet on the floor and unbuckling the hip belt.
This is the right way to use the Booty Builder. There are still some common mistakes to avoid. We want to take you trough these aswell. Read more below.
- Excessive arching of the lumbar spine and anterior tilting of the pelvis.
- Not maintaining control throughout the movement and not pausing at end-range.
- Skimping on range of motion; not reaching full hip extension.
- Not driving the force through the heel / midfoot.
- Not placing the upper back onto the bench before you put the feet on the footplate.
Now that you know how to use the machine, we know that you will have a great experience. The machine is unique and efficient. Have a great workout!